Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chicago (Part 3)

Here are a few pictures from Mary's camera from our wandering around Chicago!
We love to get pictures with random sculpture.
(The moose reminds me of my summer in Norway!)
These street performers were fun and had some mad skills. You should see the video Mare got on her camera...I will see if I can figure out how to post that!

Here is that weird fountain-thingy in the park.


Now on to the wedding pictures...

Mom and I, dressed up and ready to head to the wedding!I LOVE this shot of Mare and me!
We are on the double deck bus they had for us to go from the hotel to the church.
(The tour-guide on the bus was entertaining us on the way over by asking some questions, and made fun of Mare & me for shopping at not one, but TWO Payless shoestores while we were staying right next to the famous shopping on Michigan Avenue!!)(I didn't realize my camera was zoomed in, but I think this is actually a fun picture!)Dad on the bus, with the Knickerbocker in the background.
(This was where we stayed, it was CRAZY expensive, but it was nice to be right there where the reception site was!)
The wedding party got to ride on a trolley!!

The Beautiful ChurchGoofing around while waiting out front
(the ceremony was in-between to Mass services, so we had to wait for it to let out before we could go in, and there were people ready to go in for the next service while we were coming out after the ceremony)
The amazing details inside the church (reminded me of our trip to Europe)The Wedding Party at the alterMare and I decided to walk back to the hotel after the ceremony
(and stopped for a bit of shopping as well!!)The reception Hall at the Millennium Knickerbocker.The tables (there were 18, plus a big one for the wedding party!)The place settingI made a bracelet out of the ribbon on the chocolates (which Mare ate right away because it was already 8:30 at this point...9:30 at home) and the flower from my napkin!Mare and I at our tableMom and DadThe Cake (there were two flavors, white and carrot cake...yum yum!!)Couple's first dance...her dress was custom made!!!Marcia and Mom!Me and Ellie (Elizabeth's little bundle of joy!)Elizabeth and meThe dinner (served around 10:30-11:30 our time)The walls were mirrors....Mare and I had fun with this!On the dance floor!Me, Christina & Mary

2 comments:

Carrie said...

fan CAY!

Kathleen said...

Looks like you all had a great time. The bride's dress is incredible... I've never seen anything like it.