Friday, July 2, 2010

Chicago (Part 2)

We tried to spend our 24 hours in Chicago wisely, and after checking into the hotel we set out for some lunch, shopping and touristy fun!

After eating pizza at the suggested famous eatery (it looked DELISH!!)We headed out to find a map (I am my father's daughter, and love to be the "map" girl!!) and see some sights.

The main thing mom wanted to see was the American Girl Company Store, so we all went there first, then after browsing for awhile (and picking out everything I am going to want my little girls to have someday-because I am positive I WILL have little girls someday!!) Mare and I split off from mom and dad and did some sightseeing on our own. Here is a picture over view of our afternoon...(well, from my phone, Mare took some great pics, but she hasn't emailed them to me yet!)
Can you find Mare & me in this picture?This was taken after Mare and I had walked 10 blocks in the wrong direction-not because we were lost (hello, queen of maps here), but so that we could get to another Payless and pick up a pair of cute sandals that were on sale...yeah, we are Binkley's!! We go to Michigan Avenue in Chicago and shop at not one but TWO Payless Shoestores! (Bargain shopping is what we do!!)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

mmm...Giordano's deep dish / stuffed pizza...yum. DH & I used to order dinner several times a week from Giordano's when we were first married and they were just a corner pizza place that nobody knew.
Fantastic pictures.

Carrie said...

Yay! I love pizza, and I can't believe all those pics were taken on your phone..they are so good!

Andysbethy said...

no- I can't tell which ones are you and Mare. And you would think that red hair would be easy to find. Maybe when I see it in person, closer up?
I have to agree with Carrie, those are some fabulous pictures - I can't believe they are from your phone!
Does Kevin need to be worried about your fascination with sexy firemen? haha!