Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Allure of the Automobile

Grab something to snack on because this is going to be a long post...

Last weekend was crazy busy, as I mentioned earlier, but I wanted to share a bit of the fun stuff that we got to do!

After a long day on Saturday...

visiting with Kelsey while we shopped at a weekend craft/antique show in downtown Adairsville (where I purchased some adorable antique hankies we are going to use for an upcoming bridal luncheon, and saw this guitar case that I want!),
prepping for and having a pre-production meeting for a summer play I am going to be helping out with (which I watched growing up),

and of course the wedding,

I came home, put my feet up and watched a movie with Kev as I fell asleep on the couch. (While receiving a foot rub, what a fantastic hubby I have!)

Sunday I met up with some of the ladies from the AMQG at Rae's house (Thanks so much for opening up your home to us, you and your husband are too kind!) and was able to get some sewing done. (Finally!!) I worked on my PWG blocks from the no so block swap I was a part of. I got several of them sewn up before I had to head off to meet Kev.
Kev and I met up and went to The High Museum of Art in Atlanta to see their newest exibit.

The Allure of the Automobile(It was the open version of the car above (550 Spyder) that James Dean crashed on his way to sports car race and was killed.)

Kevin was actually interested in this one, normally he just gets dragged along if I can't find someone else to go with me to these sort of things, but this one was all for him!!

I also got some more cutting done for the house blocks and 10 1/2 inch blocks I have been working on for Victoria. Hopefully I will be able to get those sewn together sometime this week or weekend so I can get them sent off!

And the most exciting news from the weekend, Kev surprised me by putting the tile on the fireplace hearth that he built forever ago.It looks so fan-tab-u-lous!!!
I am so relieved to have it finished!

BTW-I got an email today about this beauty! Isn't it fab! I want it!!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

That guitar case is beautiful, the fireplace looks wonderful, and I can't wait for Hightops!
But, the best is the car exhibit. I am so glad they finally had something for Kevin. I am sure he had a blast at that!