Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Charleston SC

So these are very delayed in coming, but wanted to let you see a bit of my weekend trip with Mary to Charleston. It was so much fun and I really want to go back sometime soon because there is so much more to see and do there! (I still haven't gotten any pictures from Mary's camera-which she had her camera more than I had mine-so we are missing a good part of the trip-but this is what I have and so I wanted to post them!)

Friday night on our way there.
Heading down to the beach at night.
This guy was getting married the next day and his buddies had him dressed up in a tutu and make-up and doing these challenges...one of them was to do a push-up contest with a stranger...too funny!!
These next few night shots are from Battery Park on Saturday night
(I didn't have my camera during the day on Saturday which is when we did some sightseeing (a cute little lunch spot and saw College of Charleston campus) and hit the beach-I will have to get those shots from Mary because there are some great ones!)
This is to show the cool gas lamps on the houses-real flames in the outside lamps-so pretty!

Sunday night Mary and Rachel played Ultimate Frisbee in one of the parks and I walked around the park and King Street. (Main shopping street-didn't get any pictures here-but I could totally do some damage to my wallet here!!)

All of these are from Monday-we got up and did some great sightseeing and shopping in the market in the old part of downtown Charleston.
Thanks again Rachel for letting us stay with you, I know Mary was so happy to spend her vacation visiting with you and thanks for letting me (the old lady) tag along!!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

I loved looking at these pics on snapfish, and now hearing about them a little more on your blog. You didn't post one of my favorites - an old house with a beautiful red door. There was a lot of gorgeous old architecture.
Glad you had fun!