Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend news...again!!!

Wow, this weekend-and Monday-was a whirlwind! I have been crazy busy, and yet still time is not going by fast enough. Still, Saturday morning seems forever far away, but I am trying to be patient and hopeful and relaxed about it!

I found out last week that a friend of mine finally became a mom!!! She has been through my whole situation, finally decided on adoption and then went through a ton of issues-talk about emotional roller coaster-and now is finally a proud mother of a beautiful baby boy! I am so excited for her and her husband!! Even with all she is going thru, and how busy she is right now, when I emailed her back to congratulate her, she wrote me back to see how I was doing. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!!

My week & weekend were full of Wedding planning. On Wednesday evening I went to a tasting with a couple at a venue they are interested in. they enjoyed the food and still love the location, but I am not sure if we are completely convinced that this is THE place because of the cost. It is expensive, but all food and most set-up is included, so that is nice (and makes the whole reception food issue really easy!!!)

Friday and Saturday were completely full with a wedding stuff. I was the wedding planner at a wedding where we have known the bride's family since I was a little girl! (The Bride's mother was one of the best Sunday school teachers I ever had!) The couple were so laid back and wanted everything really simple-they didn't even want any formal pictures! I convinced them to take a few, because I know the mothers really wanted some-but the overall event was really laid back!! I left work early on Friday to head up to the rehearsal and to check out the location(I hadn't seen it yet!) It was a beautiful location but a far drive-it was in Canton! (Friday after the rehearsal I had to drive over to Adairsville to my Parent's house before I went home to get something we needed-so I got to bed around 2AM, then was back up early Saturday and up to Canton again with a stop in Woodstock to get the flowers. (Which later we realized they had shorted us the Jr. Bridesmaid's bouquet, but luckily they had included a toss bouquet so we used that instead.) I got to see some family friends at the wedding that I hadn't seen in a million years!! Also a friend from highschool days that I hadn't seen if forever either. It is a small world!

Saturday morning I got to talk to Mom, Dad & Kelsey for a little while, but the connection wasn't working very well so we didn't chat for long, but that was o.k since I really had to get going anyhow to get things set up for the wedding.

Sunday I slept in and then just did some cleaning and rearranging at the house. Kevin had actually swept and mopped the entire house on Saturday so that was nice to have that done! I had wanted to make it up to the Roselawn Festival by 4 because one of my friend's bands was playing, but I forgot about it until it was too late to try to get up there. I hope to make it to the next event so that I am not a total loser for a friend!

Yesterday was CRAZY busy at the office. It felt like it was busier than it had been if forever, but it also might have something to do with the fact that Mom & Dad weren't there-we missed you!! Of course I would rather be with you, than you be with me, because that would mean I was in Africa visiting with Kelsey!!

Over the weekend I had a bit of a breakdown when I was on the phone with Betsy-thanks for loving me and not hating me even though I am a bit crazy right now! I am trying to relax, but this is all really getting to me. I want this to have worked so bad, but I don't want to be too depressed in case it didn't, so I am really at a loss for what I am supposed to be thinking or doing right now as I wait for the results. Kevin is cool as a cucumber, but I guess it is never the same for a guy. Even though I know he would really love it if he didn't have to do his part again-he seriously gets so mad about it!-but he doesn't seem the least bit concerned about whether or not it did! I guess it is good that we aren't both anxious, but in a way it is annoying! Well, I think I have rambled on enough for today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are staying so busy! I know nothing is a "good thing" to say, so I will just say I am anxiously awaiting your blog that will undoubtedly have a very cute title to break the news!
We are not getting ALL dressed up for The Fox, but a little. I can't believe I have never been there either, that is totally ridiculous since I have lived in GA my entire life!