Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year, Two New Reading Challenges!!

Wow! 2011 is here y'all and I am ready for some new challenges.

I am planning on doing an official "New Years Resolutions" post on my goals for this year, but I wanted to go ahead and get signed up for some new reading challenges for this year and share them with you. (Plus, let's be honest, the NYR's are pretty much always the same every year...and I pretty much never stick with them!!)

The two reading challenges I am participating in this year are both Austen themed. (Let's face it, I am a HUGE Austen fan, so although I get some other reading time in, books that are continuations of Austen's beloved books are my fave!!)

The first one I am doing is called:

The Sense and Sensibility Bicenterary



It is hosted by Austenprose and here is the link to read all about it yourself.

Although, I hope to do more, I am only committing myself to be a Neophyte (meaning I will complete 1 – 4 selections within 2011)

Books and movies count, and I am planning on reading two books and watching two movies.

Books:
1) Willoughby’s Return, by Jane Odiwe
2) Colonel Brandon’s Diary, by Amanda Grange

Movies:
3) I have Found it (Kandukondain Kandukondain) 2000
4) From Prada to Nada 2011

There will be prizes given at the end of the challenge, so that makes this even more exciting, and hopefully I will be sure to actually complete the challenge since I may have a chance at winning some great prizes!!



The second reading challenge I am participating in is:

Being a Jane Austen Mystery Reading Challenge 2011



It is also hosted by Austenprose and you can find all the info here.

I will also be doing the Neophyte level (1 – 4 novels) in this challenge and I plan on reading:

1) Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor (1996)
2) Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron (2010)

(This may change, it will all depend on which books I can get at my local library, and how much time I have!!)

I read "Jane and the Man of the Cloth" (by Stephanie Barron) a few years ago and was always interested in reading more...now that there is an extra incentive, since I can possibly win a prize, I am really excited to read more!!

2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Loved "Jane and the man of the cloth" and scargrave manor too. I need to join one of those Austen plans. I am reading "Jane bites back" right now and it is HILARIOUS. Keep me posted on how it goes, and what good books you find.

Jane Odiwe said...

Thank you so much for the shoutout! I hope you enjoy Willoughby's Return!