Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation all I ever wanted...

Since Kev decided to spend our vacation money (plus some) on these...

(Which we bought used and so far still haven't gotten one of them working-it has been over a month-so frustrating!!!) We didn't really have money to spend on a vacation this Summer. Therefore, we decided to spend a few days camping at St. Andrews Park in PC Beach, Florida. ($28 a night, can't beat that price for a beach stay!!)

It was perfect! Time to escape from the rest of the world and sleep, read, play in the ocean and spend time together. I didn't take but a few pictures, and none of the beach (sorry!) but here are a few of how we spent our time!

On the trip down I quilted my mini quilt for the Mini Quilt Challenge from the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild. (I love it!!-I will have more pictures soon, because I got the binding sewn on last night and I think it looks pretty good if I do say so myself!!)




We did a bit of shopping (and Kevin bought me new "nice" sunglasses-I don't think I have ever owned a pair of sunglasses that cost more than $10-and that was when I was spending the big bucks too!! Most of my sunglasses have come from the dollar store!!) I will have to be extra careful that I don't drop these in the toilet. (That is how a lot of my sunglasses have been retired. I put them on my head when I go inside and then they slide off into the toilet when I am putting down paper at a public restroom! Oops!!)


One of the places at Pier Park we saw was the Beer Garden, which reminded us of our wonderful trip to Germany last Fall!!




Kev ate at this BBQ place that had this too cute pig out front that I had to get a picture with!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

super groovy

Andysbethy said...

I can't wait to see more pics. So glad you are home safe - maybe in the next year or two we can join you. Put my boys outside in a tent!
Love the sunglasses, and the "almost" smile from Kevin. It's so funny to me that the photographer didn't get any pictures on vacation! You two are hilarious.