Friday, April 9, 2010

Playing Statue

Every week day, while heading to and from work, I pass a little ranch. They have goats, horses and some sort of long horned steer.

Yesterday as I passed the ranch the horses were in the front field and I nearly started laughing out loud...
because they appeared to be playing statue.

Did anyone else play that growing up? As you were playing some random game with your friends in the yard the rule was, no matter what you were doing, you had to stop and stand still whenever a car drove by. I remember thinking this was such a fun game, and trying to be caught in really crazy positions to see if I could hold still while the car passed by. (Looking back the drivers must have thought we were crazy, but we thought we were pretty cool!)

As I passed the field I noticed that the horses were all standing perfectly still. Even one that looked like he was about to scratch his back or something, stood perfectly still as I drove by. (I really don't know anything about horses, so maybe this is perfectly normal, but I didn't even notice a tail twitching or anything!!)

I couldn't help but be reminded of my childhood and smile. Then I was imagining the horses laughing with each other after I had passed, as we always did, rejoicing in how still they were able to stay!

I know, I probably need some drugs or something...the randomness that comes to this head of mine, but it made me smile and remember some lovely childhood days, so I thought I would share it with you. What random things happen to you in your adult life that remind you of those fun days gone by of childhood?

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Good memories. Thanks Emie.