Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend activities

As usual, I kept myself pretty busy this weekend. (We didn't go out of town or anything, but I did have to work Saturday morning...no fun!)

I did a little shopping, some sewing, and rearranged & organized my sewing/guest room. (Which was a big job, and really isn't completely done, but it does look better!!) I listened to Christmas music while I was sewing and it was quite chilly here on Sunday so that helped to put me in the mood for Christmas. (Plus I was mainly working with cutting out the Christmas fabrics for some projects!!)

Saturday night my dear hubby took me out to see the new Twilight movie New Moon. I haven't read the books yet, but they are on my (forever long) list of books I want to read! Maybe I will get around to them eventually. However, I am not a big romance reader or movie watcher...I have to be in the right mood. Most of the time I like mysteries when it comes to books, (but I am also addicted to anything that has to do with Austen or the Bronte sisters!!) and for movies I normally lean towards RomCom or Action. (I really wanted to see 2012, but we decided on New Moon, because we knew my sister was also seeing it over the weekend, so we saved 2012 to maybe see with the family over the holidays.)
Nothing against New Moon, because I won't complain about seeing the beautiful abs on Jacob (is that o.k. to say that since the actor is only 17?!? Kevin was like..."Why did they have to run around without their shirts on the whole movie, that wasn't necessary. If it was because they change over and their shirts would rip, wouldn't their pants rip too, that just doesn't make sense!" and I was like..."Because if you worked that hard to make your body look that good, wouldn't you run around without your shirt on all the time!!" back to the movie review...) but the longing, desire and sadness that Bella is feeling, which is the base of this movie, is really quite depressing. Don't plan on leaving this movie with a smile on your face, because it leaves you torn in my opinion! (But again, I haven't read the books, so I don't know what I am getting myself into when I go, unlike everyone else who has already read the books, and are just going to the movies to see what they already know will happen, be acted out.)

Here are some pictures of a bit of what I was up to this weekend.

Some sewing (these are two miniature quilts I had made the tops for awhile back, and had quilted a few weeks ago, I finally got around to putting a binding on them. They were great for practicing while I am learning how to machine quilt!)
and cutting,
some movie watching (two more Christmas movies watched!!),(There was also some other shorts that were super old on here as well, fairly interesting, but not something I will have to see every year. I think kids would enjoy it, because it tells the story, but isn't really scary and is short!)(I have never been a big Looney Tunes fan, but this one was really not worth my time. If you are a Looney Tunes fan and want to borrow this, and never return it I would be fine with that...just let me know!!)

and picture hanging. (The picture had been knocked off the wall in the stairwell when we moved in our new bed and was craked, having cracked glass in a photo hanging on the wall had been driving me crazy, but I wasn't sure where I needed to go to get it replaced, or if I needed a new frame or what, luckily I saw a glass replacement kit at Michael's and picked it up and it was perfect!!!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, we went and saw New Moon too! I have read the books, and I was practically depressed along with Bella while reading...the book was actually a lot more depressing to me! I thought the movie good, sometimes a bit corny, but I think they were just trying to get all the feelings that Stephenie Meyer described beautifully onscreen...tough job! You're quilting is great...I wish I knew how to do crafty things!

Carrie said...

your photos are so beautiful! and quilts and all that stuff!
I tried on a wedding dress just like yours when I was shopping for dresses. It was on my maybe list...so cute, but I am way too short! ha ha!

Andysbethy said...

I didn't realize that you still haven't read the books. You need to read them before you see the movies - they really are so much better. However, this movie was much better then the first one.
You are a quilting maniac lately girl! Remember to breathe at moments please.