Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend at the lake house

Actually, let me make that phrase more accurate...

21 hours at the lake house.

(With about 13 hours on the road!!)
Mom, Mare, Kev & I drove up to my Aunt Jan and Uncle Ron's lake house in Kentucky Saturday afternoon. (We left around 2pm on Saturday and got up there around 9ish.)

Once we got in we had a late dinner and stayed up until after 1AM visiting.

Sunday (which was Father's day, but our daddy is in India, so instead we spent the day with our Aunt and Uncle) we got up and going (well, it was early for Kevin as least!) and got to spend the day out on their boat. Kev, Ron and Mare went out on the jet ski's also...mom, Jan and I stayed inside at that point to visit some more-and because mom and I were already BURNT! Why is it that I always seem to get burnt these days? (If I get the chance to get in the sun at all that is...most of the time I am just whiter-than-white!!)

Here are a few pictures from our time on the lake!

Mare & Mom-so cute in her Brazilian hat!!
Mary skiing!
Uncle Ron-the captain!!
Kevin tubing
Me skiing
(It has been awhile...I can feel it today!!)
I think Kev was trying to get us killed when Mare and I were tubing, you can see how the story goes...

We start off smiling
still having fun at this point...
starting to get thrown around some, but still smiling...
AHHHHH!!!!
OK, really you can slow down now...

OMG we are going to die...
Mare help me I am holding on for dear life here...
I think Kev enjoyed this WAY too much...he was at the back of the boat-watching us and laughing his butt off the entire time!!! (I hope he enjoyed the laugh-fest while it lasted because when Kevin's turn came...the tube (and Kevin) flipped over twice and then he flew off!! Too funny!!)

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Oh what fun! Mom said the trip was great. Quick but worth it. Wish I could have come too.
Serves Kevin right to get flipped and thrown sounds like. Of course, I am laughing right now, so does that mean I should be flipped soon too? I hope not!!
Love you!