Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monet paint night at Sips N Strokes

Here is one of the million things I was able to be a part of over the weekend!

I went to Sips N Strokes again on Saturday night. My mother in law, Barbara, and my neighbor Mandy and I all met up there for another fun paint night!

This time we were doing this FANTASTIC Monet painting:
But we were following the directions for their version of this painting which can be seen here.

Monet's version is a million times better than the one we did!! 1) because he was an amazing artist and 2) because his color choices were much better!!



Mine didn't turn out ANYTHING like Monet's,
but I had a ton of fun trying to learn some impressionistic style painting techniques and visiting with Barb and Mandy while we painted!

Here is the progression of my painting as the night went on...(I tried to take pictures at every step, but I missed a few here I think.)So that was basically the end, we just needed to add in the bridge at this point, but I couldn't get used to the yellow pond, so I just went in and painted over it all in some blues and added some more flowers along the trail as well!! (Mixing paints is I think my favorite part of painting-I absolutely LOVE mixing the paint colors and creating a ton of new colors!!)


Here are the final product paintings for each of us!

Barb:
Mandy:
Me:Wow! That is embarrassing having my preschool colors (and talent) painting in the same post as Monet's beautiful masterpiece!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you did GREAT on your painting!!!! I want to do one like that sometime too. That place is so fun!
I still can't believe how big those pieces of pizza are! whoa!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I love going.

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Well I think they turned out great!!! I am amazed that they gave you all primary colors though. That's sort of odd. but I still think your work is amazing!!!! So where's this one going??

Sigh....I'm so so sad I couldn't go though and I REALLY do want to go!!!

Andysbethy said...

The colors don't match his, but I think they are beautiful. And I think you are free to change as you see fit - nothing wrong with a blue lake...
I am so glad you are getting to do this. It really seems to fit you. You really are an artist Em.