Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kufstein

We took a long train ride today (Well, it was extra long because we had a two hour stop in Verona while switching trains) and now we are up in Kufstein. (Well, actually a small German town right across the border from Kufstein. (Which is in Austria.) We are now staying with Kevin's family again (His Grandma's brother's family) and I am back on a German keyboard so I am going to apologize in advance because I keep making errors as I type. Hopefully I will catch them all, but incase I don't you will understand why!

The train ride was nice..however one of the trains we took was older and the bathroom was



N A S T Y



but the second one we were one was like our first train and wasn't completely full so that was nice. I think the best trains we were on was when we went from Venice to Rome and the one from Rome to Florence. They must have been newer trains because they were really comfortable and clean.


I finished the Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters book last night (Still not sure what I thought of it. It was entertaining-but maybe too much silliness for me!), so I started a new one this morning on the train and have nearly finished it. (A mystery-never heard of it before and don't know the author-it was in the $1 bin at Borders before we left and so I picked it up. I have liked it so far!) I only brought three books so now I will need something else to do for our last two train rides and the plane ride home. I am glad I didn't bring more though, because even though we packed light, it has been a lot to carry on all the trains and everything. (In fact, I thought Kevin was going to kill me when we were heading to and from the Florence train station to our B&B becuase it was about a 20 minute walk and his back was killing him since he was left carrying the bag with all the books!! We ended up purchasing a rolling bag yesterday evening at one of the street stands so that it would be easier to lug our heavy stuff around for the rest of the trip!)



I have a ton of pictures to share, but I think for tonight I will just post the ones from tonight.(From when we got into Kufstein.) I will have to go back (as time permits) and show the pictures from the rest of our time. Just on my camera alone there are ton...and Kevin takes WAY more pictures than me! You will be pictured out by the time our vacation shots are all online!! (Well, not all of them, because that would be more than even I would want to look at!!)


A fortress in Kufstein (I thought it looked so pretty with moon shining so bright over it-sorry I am not a great photographer so the street light is kinda distracting!)

Kevin and I after a long day traveling the rails of Italy (and Austria)!

No comments: