Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Col. & Mrs. Turner reporting for fun!

On Sunday afternoon Kevin and I drove up to my parents to join in the fun of my nephews 6th birthday party. There was a camo dress requirement, but neither Kevin or I have any camo-so we just wore brown, tan, and green clothing and called it close enough! Mom and Betsy did a great job planning and pulling off this wonderful party! Canaan is one lucky little guy!! They thought of everything!

We were greeted at the door with this.

The kids had a great "training obstacle coarse" they had to complete, climbing over and under things, hopping, jumping rope, pull-ups, push-ups and a fun slide at the end! (Even though it was sprinkling on us, they all had a blast!)
Next the kids dug into their MRE's for lunch and some of them actually did eat them! However, most of them (along with all the adults) ate the other-more edible food provided at the party! The parents had quite a challenge "cooking" them! It was quite an event to feel the food "boiling" inside the special bags and boxes that they came it! Lets just say I am so glad we don't have to eat those all the time, it seemed quite hard to me-and not very appitizing. (Not that I tried any of it, who knows, maybe it isn't that bad-but I doubgt it!) Let's all just say a big "THANK YOU" to our men and women in the armed forces who actually HAVE to eat those things! God bless you for what you suffer!!
Canaan's amazing cake made by Mary Corbin
Auntie Mare-Mare enjoying the party in her camo attire!
We also enjoyed the USO entertainment
Here I am with little Emily-she is just soooooo cute!
(She really liked playing with my camera-here is one of her best shots!)
And finally Canaan got to open presents!!!
And here is adorable Zion with a great smile!
There are many more pictures of the fun afternoon on Betsy's blog if you want to check that out.

Kevin and I actually had to slip out a little early to get back home because I hosted a surprise 30th birthday party that evening for Betsy. I will try to get the pictures uploaded for that tonight or tomorrow so I can post them. I love parties, (especially all the fun in planning and hosting one) but I am exhausted now that is for sure!!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

That picture of Kelsey and Emily Anne is fabulous! Thanks for sharing those, and for all your help with the party.