Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First post from another country!

Well, I would love to add pictures to this, but I don't know if that will actually get done tonight!

Mom & Me Salvador Brazil Trip Jan 13th 2009-Jan 21st 2009

Here is an overview of our trip so far: (Jan. 13 & 14)

When we checked into the Atlanta airport on Tuesday we found out they had combined some flights and so we were catching an earlier flight to Miami. This meant we ended up spending about 5 hours wondering around the Miami airport, but in all our travels we Binkley's ALWAYS end up spending a ton of time in airports when we travel, so nothing new there,and really not that bad compared to some layovers!!! When we finally boarded the plane and left the Miami airport Mom and I had a good flight down to Salvador, Brazil. We actually had the three middle seats for the two of us to share on our overnight flight into Salvador so I was able to kinda lay down and sleep! (I only travel with people who will give me the extra seat-when Kev & I were coming back from South Africa we had the same thing happen and I got the extra seat then too!! I know, I know, I am a little spoiled!!)

Once we got to Brazil we were able to get off the plane fairly quickly and were one of the first to the Passport/Customs line so there wasn't much of a wait at all and Flavia and her mom were there to meet us when we got out to the main area! It was perfect timing!! They live in the city and so are near the beach and pretty close to the airport so it was a quick drive to their apartment with a small detour so we could see the ocean up close! It is beautiful! I think we are going to go to the beach over the weekend so I am really excited about that!

Today while mom took a nap and Flavia's mom worked Flavia and I walked to the grocery store and the video store down the street. Around 1pm (they are two hours ahead of Atlanta time here) we all had lunch together (they get a longer lunch break here) and Flavia's oldest brother Rafeal (don't know if I spelled that right!?) was here as well. It was great, all we were missing was Vitor! (Flavia's other brother, who is actually the first one in the family we Binkley's met.) After lunch Flavia's mom took off from work and we drove down to the historic part of the city and did some site seeing and shopping at a market. Tons of fun! We got stuck in rush hour traffic on the way home so after a small bite for dinner we are all exhusted and I think I am heading to bed! Chio!

No comments: